To make a psychotherapy appointment call 605-939-0340 or send us a message.
Therapy isn’t a passive experience that happens “to” you, it’s an active, ongoing relationship that you enter into with yourself and your therapist that requires a commitment and an investment of time, energy and resources. I get it- it can be scary to invest so much without seeing immediate payoff or reward- but welcoming that fear into the therapeutic process is part of the work. Through this dedication, I’ve witnessed clients undergo profound and lasting life changes during the course of our time together- that’s the magic of creating time and space for yourself to be witnessed by someone that you trust.
This is your journey and it would be our. Honor to work with you.
Psychotherapy is a personal, intimate journey towards self-acceptance and self-understanding in the company of a curious, non-judgmental, empathetic guide. Being this guide, I seek to learn and fully understand who you are, what you believe, and how I might best be of support. In our time together, we’ll look at what is (and is not) working in your life and pattern authentic, healthy ways of moving through the world, while building your capacity for feeling your feelings, resourcing self support and uncovering internal sources of relief.
Experience in Tx:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Family systems, couples and relationship issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depression & Anxiety
- Women’s Issues
- Life transitions
- Adjustment disorders
- Social Pragmatics (social skills and difficulty with peers)
- Parenting concerns
- Hyperactivity, impulsivity, and attention management
- Substance use/abuse and Harm Reduction strategies
- Mindfulness Practices
- Mindful Self-Compassion Practices
- BodyMind Integration
- Guided Imagery and Visualization
- Systemic Relaxation
- Somatic (Body) Awareness
- Inclusion of Spiritual Beliefs
- Incorporates my theory and practice of 20+ years of yoga practice, bodywork practitioner and dedicated Vipassana student
Individual: One-on-one psychotherapy/counseling will benefit individuals who desire true mind-body-spirit integration. Dharma Wellness Institute will aid clients in finding their authentic self that lies beyond limiting beliefs, experiences and behaviors. This is accomplished through a supportive combination of talk therapy and somatic techniques.
Couples: Couples therapy at Dharma Wellness Institute provides the structure and the tools for safe, constructive, heart-centered communication to resolve conflict while creating space for a generous, compassionate understanding between partners. Research shows that if there’s a willingness to change, conflict can be tenderly examined and harvested for it’s gold. Healing within a relationship has the power to heal the deepest wounds of life. (more)
**** What if you and your partner could…
- Understand how to resolve conflicts in a healthy manner?
- Learn how to resolve conflict and problem solve in a productive manner?
- Learn how to be assertive without being offensive?
- Learn how express one’s needs without resentment or anger?
- Learn acceptance and forgiveness?
- Process and work through unresolved issues in a safe environment?
- Gain a deeper understanding of oneself and the other?
- The ability to address and work through a crisis (eg. the death of an important family member)?
- Increase honesty and trust?
- Develop a supportive environment where partners learn to avoid issues with isolation and apathy?
- Permanently break through barriers in communication?
- Explore how childhood and family of origin histories influence each of you?
- Feel safe to be your authentic selves while being truly seen and heard?
- Find clarity, compassion, and gratitude for the journey?
- Create an action plan for continued healing and growth for each individual and for the relationship?
Learning ways to communicate better:
- Learning appropriate expression, disclosure and resolution of painful emotions
- Learning how to state your needs clearly and openly within your relationship
- Learning how to work through unresolved issues
- Learning how to negotiate for change within your relationship
Couples therapy consists of weekly or bi-weekly hourly sessions focused on clear, honest, heart-based communication to resolve conflict and move into a place of healthy, fulfilling connection with each other. Homework is given between visits to continue the positive momentum created in sessions.
Group: Group therapy is a beneficial addition to individual therapy. Transformations happen in a group setting that go beyond what occurs in individual therapy alone. Dharma Wellness Institute groups are process based & use somatic techniques. (More) More information coming soon!!
About: Participants discuss what’s happening in the room within the group as well as what’s happening in their everyday lives. Groups are a safe space to receive and deliver feedback, plus reflect on emotions, ideas, and struggles. Somatic techniques help participants engage with their bodies as part of the therapy process. The primary methods used are…..